Ward 1 has been busy with ongoing road construction and projects. Below is the most recent compilation of updates as of this August. For more information, visit my website at www.calgary.ca/Citycouncil/ward-1
- The Bowfort Road/TransCanada Interchange is now operational.
- Bowness Wading Pool should be opening very soon in time for the month of August.
- Bowness Road N.W. Complete Street (Phase 2) Construction is currently underway.
- The new walk-in Tim Hortons is estimated to be open by August.
- In August, the installation of construction fencing, rig mats and signage for the repair of the flood damage at Hextall Bridge is estimated to start.
- The Rocky Ridge Recreation Centre (11300 Rocky Ridge Rd NW) construction is on schedule and is expected to be open to the public in early 2018. Operation will be managed by the YMCA.
- In April 2017, part of Bowmont Park was renamed after former alderman Dale Hodges, who served for 30 years as the area’s representative on city council.
- The Silver Springs Outdoor Pool is currently under construction and projected to be open in 2018. Recent events include community painting of the mural which will be on the pool building wall facing the pool.
- A joint Rocky View County/City of Calgary project is underway – the twinning of 12 Mile Coulee Road. In 2017 the road will be twinned from Tusslewood Dr to 300m south of Tuscany Way. In 2018, the remaining portion to 80 Ave will be twinned.
- The Tuscany Fire Station/EMS centre is coming along well, with the base structure now standing.
- Among the recent enhancements to Market Mall are expansions of the existing Sport Chek and the underground parking facility.