Hi, snowy Banff Trail residents. We’ve been very active lately, and in the past few months we’ve been engaged in the following long list of initiatives. If any of them are of interest to you, don’t hesitate to email me to add your opinion, or to get involved: large multi-family development at the Banff Trail C-Train Station, assisted living facility at 24th Ave and 22nd St, safe back alleys campaign, forming a youth council, liaising with the U of C and Branton and Aberhart, upgrading the hall deck and kitchen, a walking path in our green space, basketball nets, pickleball, a skateboard park in the rink, new community signage, re-branding of the community, re-branding for Motel Village, and more.
Information of Note in the Community:
- The Rink is now hosting Free Soul and Skate, Every Sunday 10am to Noon. We bring great tunes and hot drinks. Kids and adults can skate and groove! No hockey sticks allowed.
- There is a new community monthly event started: Free Boardgame Night. It is the 2nd Friday of every month, 7pm to 11pm, in the basement (get in around back). We’ll provide light snacks and drinks. Bring your families, friends, and favourite games.
- There are community Drop-In fitness classes happening at the hall Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 6am. Discounts for members, and for registering for the full sessions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- Soccer Registration for kids 2-10 is now closed. If you’d still like to get in, send an email to email@example.com. You can find all the details at www.banfftrailcommunity.ca/programs/soccer/.
- Spring is coming! We will be having our first community garden planning meeting Wednesday April 25th 7-9pm at the community hall board room.
- Our next casino dates have been set for September 16th and 17th at Cowboys Casino. Mark your calendars. Volunteering for a casino is the definite highest impact-per-hour you can make to the community funds, and each casino will net us around $60,000 to use on community improvement projects.
- A Kids Playgroup has started up at the hall. We have partnered with them to make the group more affordable for community members. Mondays 10am-12:30. It’s drop-in, and if you’d like more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have I missed anything important here? If so, please let me know!
Every one of these fantastic items happens thanks to the help of interested members of the community. If you have anything you’re interested in, don’t hesitate to get involved. We’re at the hall the first Wednesday of the month 7-9pm. If you’d like to talk with us or just observe, send me an email at email@example.com. You’ll be welcomed into a pretty awesome group of neighbours who are here to make Banff Trail a great place to be.