Standard & Poor’s announced it is downgrading Alberta’s credit rating yet again, this time by two notches, from AA to A+. While this latest downgrade comes as no surprise, we are incredibly concerned about the consequences that higher interest rates and skyrocketing debt will have on our ability to fund vital public services in the future.
In the two short years since the NDP took office, this government has destroyed our sterling AAA credit rating, taken us from a $1.1 billion surplus to an $11 billion deficit, and put Alberta on track to owe an astonishing $94 billion by 2020.
Our caucus has repeatedly called for modest spending restraint and each time has been met with fearmongering, hyperbole, and false choices from the NDP. The truth is that prioritizing frontline services, while exercising restraint in non-essential areas, will not lead to deep cuts or public sector layoffs. Nor will borrowing tens of billions on the backs of our children and grandchildren lead to economic recovery now or long-term prosperity in the future. We are disappointed to see this government continuously fail to make the tough choices Albertans sent them here to make.
Events and congratulations:
- Cranston School Arbor Day Celebration and tree planting
- Calgary Economic Development Report to the Community
- Auburn Bay House Wellness and Safety Fair
- Hike for Hospice
- Spoke at Red Deer Lake (Grade six class)
- Bow Valley College 22nd Annual Premier’s Scholarship
- Find Your Stripes Panel (spoke to high school students at William Aberhart High)
- North Silverado Development Open House
- Calgary Board of Education Forum on Bell Times and Busing changes
- Mahogany Family Fun Run
- Cranston Residents Stampede Caravan Breakfast
- Kits for Kids (backpacks for school children)
Did you know?
- Our office presents congratulatory scrolls for anniversaries and birthdays. Birthday scrolls are available to constituents celebrating their 65+ birthday, in five-year intervals. Anniversary scrolls are available to constituents celebrating their 25+ anniversary, in five-year intervals.
- I will visit your child’s school and speak about the role of an MLA, government, and answer students’ questions.
- Our office provides free notary service to constituents. Please call to book an appointment.
I am available to attend constituency events. Please contact my office to schedule.
If you have any questions, concerns or are in need of assistance, please contact my office at 403-215-8930 or firstname.lastname@example.org